PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1.1 MB | 12 pages
This resource has been updated 7/27/16 to a PDF file. I have also included a bell work sheet. Please download again if you purchased this resource prior to the updated version.
I created this video guide to compliment the tone and mood unit we were studying in class. I focused on particular segments of the movie that I wanted students to pay attention to, and then they were to respond to each in a short written reflection- focusing on the tone and mood in the various scenes.
This activity covers 9 scenes of the movie (not the entire film) and is designed for one class period. Depending on your class periods, and number of scenes you show, plan for one full day and up to two days of time. Additional time may be used to do whole class discussion or group work.
You will receive the following in this download:
1. Teacher Instructions
2. Student worksheet with scene questions
3. Student handout for tone and mood words
4. Key with suggested responses
5. Bell work sheet for one week- tone and mood words
* My high school students love this assignment! It is a great activity
to give if you are going to be absent.
* The key includes possible student responses for each scene and
is not limited to other interpretations by students.