• What can Bluest Eye teach us about the specifics of African heritage, African American culture and experience, and/or African American history?
• Does Bluest Eye perpetuate stereotypes about blacks?
• Is Bluest Eye a correct historical (mis)representation of blacks?
• What place if any does Bluest Eye have in African American literary history?
• How does Bluest Eye represent various aspects of our idea of beauty?
• What does Bluest Eye reveal about the operations of cultural differences in terms of race, class, religion?