These fall literature favorites activities provide a variety of Common Core response questions and activities for differentiated instruction. Primary focus of this unit: Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
If you are interested in digital student research and reporting, check out this Digital Pumpkin Presentation.
16 Activities Include:
1. “How Characters Respond to Conflict” anchor chart elements
Anchor Chart Example
2. Pumpkins Can, Have, Are Chart
3. Too Many Pumpkins~ Make a list of all the snacks that Rebecca Estelle makes
4. Write an Article about Rebecca Estelle’s Reaction
5. Why does Rebecca Estelle respond to situation that way?
6. Pumpkin Hill~ Beginning, Middle, End
7. Write an article about the mayor’s reaction
8. Why does the mayor respond to the situation that way?
9. Compare Rebecca Estelle’s reaction to the mayor’s reaction
10. Pumpkin Jack~ Illustrate and describe what happens to Jack in the beginning, middle and end of the story.
11. Write an article about Tim’s reaction.
12. Why does Tim respond to the situation that way?
13. Pumpkin Life Cycle activity
14. All About Pumpkins Flap Book
16. Writing Activity
Too Many Pumpkins by Linda White
Pumpkin Hill by Elizabeth Spurr
Pumpkin Jack by Will Hubbell
The Pumpkin Book by Gail Gibbons