Too Many Tamales, by Gary Soto, is a Christmas story. Set on Christmas Eve, Maria helps her parents make tamales for the family party. She puts on her mom's wedding ring as she kneads the masa (dough) and later realizes she has lost the ring in the masa. Maria and her cousins try to find the ring by eating all of the tamales. This is a sweet story about Latino culture, honesty, family, and Christmas.
This unit contains:
1. 12 Vocabulary cards
2. Reading Response- Graph
3. Reading Response- Story Map
4. Reading Response- Character Traits Map
5. Reading Response- Venn Diagram
6. Reading Response- Cause and Effect
7. Vocabulary- Suffixes
8. Grammar Response- Adverbs
9. Journal Entry
10. Writing Response- My Favorite Holiday Foods
Thank you for visiting our store!
~ lisa and tina TGIF~ Third Grade is Fun