PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Teaching kids to write clear How to, Non-fiction, Expository or research paragraphs begins with a strong topic sentence. Created with beginning/primary writers in mind, included are two key pieces to teach topic sentences.
Bulletin board anchor charts:
* Introduce topic sentence options as developmentally appropriate
* Post a reference for young writers
* Suggest variations for each topic sentence option.
* Clear, attractive format with kid-friendly font.
Large, whiteboard manipulative set:
* Copy on card stock, cut and laminate. Attach a magnet.
* Teach topic sentences in context via teacher modeling and student interaction on the whiteboard
* See topic sentence word options from the back of the room
* Allows students to move the words and make choices as they experiment with crafting topic sentence variations
Please refer to the preview slides for more details
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase click on the Provide Feedback button. You'll be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. I value your feedback.
Follow me to get notices on sales, freebies and new products:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.