Also included in
- This Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle in both print and digital for Google Classroom™ combines four of my very popular writing strategy sets: Paragraph Color Coding and Outlining, Topic Sentences, Transitions in Writing, and Conclusion Sentences. Everything you need is here to help your students cr$12.00$16.75Save $4.75
Teaching Topic Sentences is made much easier with this ready to teach unit in two versions: print and digital for Google Classroom™ (and other platforms). It includes practice for each of the five types of topic sentences presented, a topic sentence game, as well as review sheets and more to help your students write better topic sentences to introduce paragraphs.
This unit contains: Print and Google Classroom™ Versions
Topic Sentence Types Posters
Power Number Worksheet
List Statement Worksheet
Two Nouns and Two Commas Worksheet
Get Their Attention Worksheet
Review Worksheets with all sentence types (3)
Graphic Organizer to Practice One Topic with Five Topic Sentences
Card Sorting Matching Game
Topic Sentence Posters (6)
Teacher Notes (3 detailed pages full of information)
Teacher Notes for Digital including all LINKS, plus step by step instructions for how to create an assignment for Google Classroom™.
One of the review sheets centers around the story of how chocolate chip cookies came to be. The story is also included and I always bring in chocolate chip cookies on this lesson day for a special treat.
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the very comprehensive Complete Paragraph Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Other resources included in the Complete Paragraph Writing Bundle can be seen here: (All are print and digital)
Why you'll love this resource:
- Directly teaching the skill in isolation allows your students to more fully understand how to create a topic sentence before being asked to write one.
- The print and digital versions make it easy to assign and plan for the classroom, homeschool, or distance learning.
- The worksheets give your students concentrated practice with this skill, while working on it in a variety of activities.
- Students are shown how to write five different types of topic sentences.
- Your students will love the topic sentence game!
- The topic sentence posters provide a nice visual reference for students!
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: email@example.com.