This product includes:
- Introductory Power point presentation on Topographic mapping - 11 slides
- Accompanying Student Note Page, to be completed by students - 2 pages
- Topographic Practice sheet - 2 pages
- Warm-Up questions - 2 slides - also can be Exit ticket
- Quiz on topographic mapping - 1 page
- All answer keys
- Teacher notes/suggestions for teaching
Introduce topographic maps to your students using the power point presentation. Topics include how contour maps are useful, rules for drawing contour lines, finding contour intervals, using graphic scales, and finding gradients. Student note page keeps students focused and thinking since it includes some practice questions.
The practice sheet gives them a chance to find contour intervals, calculate gradients, and use the proper contour line rules by having them draw their own contour map.
The warm-up questions, 2 included because this is a brief topic, can be used at the beginning of class, but can also be an exit ticket.
The quiz is a 6-question multiple choice product which has students answering questions based on the included map.
All answer keys are included, and some answers that are open-ended have suggested answers.
Teacher notes and suggestions are included for guidance.
Be sure to view the preview.