PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Tops & Bottoms : Spring Reading Comprehension Book Companion Literacy Unit Activity Packet
Based on the book by Book by Janet Stevens * Reading Level 3.2
This packet provides a variety of levels to reach each individual student.
* All pages using Lined Paper for easy handwriting practice:
33 Pages Total Include:
* 10 Comprehension open-ended questions with lined paper
* 10 Multiple Choice Questions
* answer sheet (corresponds with both sets)
* Story Elements : Who, What, When, Where, Main Idea, Problem Solving
* Reflection : Connection, Text-to-Self, Steps You Would Give to Plans Seeds.
* Vocabulary : 10 words from the book with match-up definitions
* Vocabulary Answer Sheet
* 20-Word Search page
* 10 Word Scramble page
* Spelling Words : 10 words plus 1 Bonus, from the book, on lined paper
* Spelling Test : blank, lined paper
* Story Map: Setting, Characters, Problem, Solution
* Step By Step : First, Next, Then, Last
* Title Page : Author, Illustrator, add your own illustration
* Design & Detail illustrating page : Design your own garden. Describe what foods you have included in your garden.
* Opinion Journal : What did you think? What would you change?
* Sequencing : 12 Simple scenes to cut and put in order
* Sequencing answer sheet
* Sequencing : Blank paste sheet
* Cause & Effect : Fill in the missing Cause & Effect blanks
* Cause & Effect : Cause & Effect blanks (Find your own)
* ABC Order : 20 words from the book
* Math : 12 simple multiplication problems by 2’s & 5’s
* Math : answer sheet
* Rhyme Time :15 words from the book, to match up to 20 rhyming words
* Book Report : Who is the author? Fiction or Non Fiction? Characters? Favorite part? Rate this book!
* Writing Prompt : with shaped lined paper : If I partnered with an animal to plant a farm, I would choose...
* Compare & Contrast Diagram: Bear Vs. Hare
* Acrostic Poem : PLANTS
* Contractions : 9 contractions to combine, or separate
* Follow the instructions : coloring, counting, addition/subtraction using photos
This packet provides a variety of levels to reach each individual student. Some younger readers may need to skip a few pages, while others may need the extra challenge. Check my previews and the detailed list above.
See my Spring packets here : Teaching Inclusion Spring Packets
* Be sure to visit my store for many comprehension packets, and other activity worksheets! My packets strive for inclusion of all students. I provide lined paper, a choice of comprehension, simple activities, and answer sheets. I also take requests!