Find out how a Hare teaches a lesson to a Bear with the Tops and Bottoms story and the Tops and Bottoms Common Core Reading Unit! This product is intended for use with the Common Core exemplar text Tops and Bottoms by Janet Stevens, and contains Common Core based questions based on five labeled and numbered sections of the book.
This unit includes:
* Common Core Standards printed on every page of the unit
* Five days of open ended questions for students to complete
* Two open ended higher level Bloom's questions for each day's reading
* Ten vocabulary words with student-friendly definitions, vocabulary practice pages, synonym matching, a vocabulary crossword and a vocabulary matching quiz
* Venn diagram to compare and contrast the Hare and the Bear
* Two writing assignments: Comparing and contrasting Hare and Bear, and an open-ended question comparing this text to other fables in terms of the lesson it teaches.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other Common Core Reading units for the grades 2 and 3 exemplar texts!
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit
Moonshot Common Core Reading/Science Unit
Amos and Boris Common Core Reading Unit
Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs Common Core Reading Unit
The Raft Common Core Reading Unit