Tornadoes: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
NOTE: Save 25% by buying the BUNDLE. This is the unit that only focuses on tornadoes. You can buy the BUNDLE of Natural Disaster Flip Books at a discounted price. It includes flip books of Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes at a 25% savings. Click on the link below to see the BUNDLED package.
Another great, hands-on project from GravoisFare. This Flip Book Foldable encourages students to learn about tornadoes. They will learn about tornado alley, tornado safety, the Enhanced Fujita Scale (EF Scale), how tornadoes are formed, famous tornado strikes, and tornado vocabulary. The ready-to-go templates make it easy to include hands-on learning in your classroom. Check out the PREVIEW for a movie of what the finished products look like. The open-ended style of the pages easily allows for differentiated learning in the classroom, in that students can write to their ability level. This project really taps into the multiple intelligences in your classroom by employing artistic elements, linguistic elements, and logical/mathematical skills as students construct the flip books using their fine motor skills. A detailed answer key is provided with answers to all the questions and diagrams; it even includes suggested vocabulary words (and definitions) for you to use in your unit.
• Step-by-step instructions on how to create the flip books
• A detailed answer key with the answers to all the questions and diagrams
• Suggested vocabulary words and definitions
• Templates that focus on:
• Tornado Alley (with a map for them to color and an writing area)
• Space to write and draw about two safety tips of students’ choosing. (A list of over a dozen tips is provided to spark classroom discussion)
• The EF Scale with space for students to write about the wind speed and typical damage caused by tornadoes of different magnitudes
• The formation of tornadoes, which includes six illustrations for students to describe
• A panel for students to write about a famous tornado that they researched
—A list of famous tornadoes is provided
• A panel for students to write their vocabulary words and definitions
Check out these great projects from GraviosFare that focus on:
NATURAL DISASTERS and PLATE TECTONICS
13 Natural Disasters Agamographs: Color-by-Number Templates and Stationery
Natural Disasters BUNDLE of Four Flip Books that Focus on Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Hurricanes
AVALANCHES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
WILDFIRES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
TSUNAMIS: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
VOLCANOES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
EARTHQUAKES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
TORNADOES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
HURRICANES: A Flip Book Foldable of Natural Disasters
Pangaea and Plate Tectonics Circle Book Reports: 24 Mix-and-Match Templates
Types of Volcanoes Circle Book Manipulative
Rocks and Minerals Circlebook: A Hands-On Project with 22 Mix-and-Match Templates
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward TPT purchases. I love to read your feedback!
Follow the GravoisFare store to be notified when new products are added; more hands-on projects are added regularly.
*** GravoisFare is Everywhere! ***