Introducing the Tortoise and the Hare Tic, Tac, Toe game for reviewing plural rules.
This game reviews the following plural rules;
• Most nouns, just add s
• Words ending in sh, ch, s, x, and z, add es
• Words ending in f or fe, change the f or fe to v and add es
• Words ending in y coming after a consonant, change the y to i and add es
• Words ending in y that come after a vowel, add s
• Some words stay the same.
• Some words have completely different spellings.
To play the game, divide your class into two teams; the “Tortoises” and the “Hares”. In the game students look at a singular word and spell the plural word. If they spell the plural form of the word correctly they win the square for their team. Full instructions are given on the second slide and the preview file.