This game includes all 220 Dolch words so you can teach the game once and play all year!
You can also check out the alphabet version of this game by clicking here: Toss Across Cupcakes Alphabet Edition
Here's how I use this game during literacy centers:
1. Place one word card in the bottom of each cup on a muffin tin.
2. Players work in pairs. Each layer places a muffin tin in front of them on the floor (I have my kiddos sit on the floor far enough apart that their hands can touch if they stretch their arms straight out)
3. Player 1 tosses a pom pom into the Player 2's muffin tin.
4. Player 2 takes out the card where the pom pom lands and shows it to Player 1, who reads the word. If Player 1 can read the word, he keeps the card. If not, Player 2 reads the word and returns it to the muffin tin.
5. Players take turns tossing and reading until all the words have been read.