This Totalitarianism & Holocaust Package has everything you need to teach fun and engaging lessons about rise of dictatorships in Europe and the Holocaust. You receive a Unit Lesson Plan, a large selection of activities, PowerPoint, guided notes, tests, and much more.
You can check out my Mega Unit Bundle: 8 units – Medieval Period to World War II
If you like this package, you might also like the following units:
Medieval Unit Package
Renaissance, Reformation, and Exploration Unit Package
Enlightenment and Revolution Unit Package
French Revolution Unit Package
Industrial Revolution Unit Package
World War I Unit Package
World War II Package
This is what you get in this package:
1. Totalitarianism & Holocaust Unit Lesson Plan (90 minute class periods) – 9 School Days
2. Learning Targets and Study Guide - Includes a unit overview, 10 learning targets, an essential standard, and a self evaluation students can take to assess their understanding of the content being taught. Also includes a list of terms, people, and events students must know to master the learning target.
3. Totalitarianism & Holocaust PowerPoint Includes: Post war global depression, Rise of Mussolini, Rise of Stalin, Rise of Hitler, Hitler Youth, and all stages of the Holocaust – 208 Slides
4. Guided Fill-in-the-Blank Notes - Matches the PowerPoint – 14 Pages
5. Summative Totalitarianism & Holocaust 30 Question Test (3 pages) with Key – Also included: Modified Test (3 pages) with Key
6. Great Depression Writing Prompt – Encourages students to analyze the causes of the Great Depression whether or not in was inevitable. Class discussion should follow activity. – 1 page
7. The Sound of the Cicadas Excerpt and Questions with Key –This two (2) page assignment illustrates how Arturo Vivante encountered fascism during his school days it Italy. In this excerpt from his short story “The Sound of the Cicadas,” Vivante shows how fascism affected every aspect of life in Italy under Mussolini’s rule. Includes four (4) questions students are to answer about the excerpt.
8. Darkness at Noon Excerpt and Questions with Key – This two (2) page assignment offers a glimpse of life in Stalinist Russia. Darkness at Noon tells the story of Rubashov, a longtime Bolshevik revolutionary, who is unjustly accused of crimes against the Soviet state during the “show trials.” Includes four (4) questions students are to answer about the excerpt.
9. Rise of Hitler Sourcework Worksheet with Key – A great five (5) page worksheet about how Hitler came to power through ‘legal’ means. The assignment combines six (6) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 20 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
10. Hitler’s Rise to Power Writing Prompt – Encourages students to think about what conditions are necessary for dictatorships to flourish and what was responsible for the dictatorship in Germany. – 1 page
11. Hitler Youth & Indoctrination Sourcework Worksheet with Key – A great four (4) page worksheet about how German children were indoctrinated by Nazi ideology through organizations within the Hitler Youth. The assignment combines nine (9) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 10 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
12. Who was Targeted Sourcework Worksheet with Key – A great four (4) page worksheet about what groups were targeted by the Nazis during the Holocaust. The assignment combines five (5) Primary sources and Secondary Source information with 8 questions students need to answer. The answer key is provided.
13. Holocaust Survivor Research Paper – Students are to write a research paper about someone who survived the Holocaust. The paper must focus five parts to the person’s story, including: what camp the person was sent to, their experiences, and how they survived. – 1 page
Choose any or all of the activities, projects, or worksheets that cater to your style and how your class learns. Have a great time teaching about Totalitarianism and Holocaust!
The Historian, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 10, lesson plans, worksheets, Totalitarianism, Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, Joseph Stalin, Dictatorships, Hitler Youth, Holocaust, 10th grade history, projects, activities, printables, High school history