• I made this game specifically for my resistant readers mostly my boys. The football field and objective that they need to get to the end of the field, really sparks their attention.The rules are easy for them to read and understand. I usually say only 2-4 kids get to play per game.
• They have two piles of cards to read from Blue (Silent E words) and orange (Vowel Combination) words. The spaces on the game board tell them which cards to read and also have some special instructions to engage them in the game.
• This is an awesome game for students to cooperatively work with each other and build their fluency with Silent E and vowel combinations.
• All you have to do is print, laminate and cut! I personally put this game at my Word Work center in Daily 5.
• I included two different skills in the game to challenge kids to use two different phonics patterns at the same time, which is what will happen when they read. Also I want them to notice if they are getting a certain color wrong then they need to practice those kids of words.
• I also put blank cards, just in case you want to add any words of your own.
• Teacher Secret: Every child basically reads every word because it is their responsibility to check each other to make sure each player knows the words they are reading.
Please leave me feedback! :-)
Also any questions, corrections, etc. please message me!
Thank you so much for downloading!