Touching Spirit Bear reading quizzes
These Touching Spirit Bear reading quizzes do not assess Language Arts standards. The quizzes are simple, comprehension-level questions that motivate students to complete assigned readings. Reading quizzes are helpful in supporting literature circles, independent reading, and whole-class study.
- 5 ten-question quizzes based on a recommended reading schedule.
- An expansive list of questions (4-5 per chapter) to meet your specific needs.
- Printable quizzes (PDF 1-pagers ready to go)
- Complete resource (DOCX for MS word)
- Complete resource (PDF)
Suggested reading schedule:
- Chapters 1-5
- Chapters 6-11
- Chapters 12-17
- Chapters 8-23
- Chapters 24-28
Touching Spirit Bear
This is an excellent novel for developing or resistant readers in middle and upper grades. The book follows 15-year-old Cole Matthews on an extraordinary journey to cope with trauma, anger, and regret. The book is engaging for adolescent readers despite the low reading level.
- Lexile level: 730L (grade 5)
- Accelerated Reader interest level: upper grades
- Accelerated Reader book level: 5.3
- DRA: 60
- Guided reading: Y (grade 6)