Touching Spirit Bear-Writing a Letter of advice to a Bully
Do you have difficulty with bullying in your school? Do you need to talk about this issue with kids who might not even realize that they are bullies or they have choice of what to do when they are being bullied? This is 15 page cooperative learning writing activity which has been downloaded over 6000 times.
This activity focuses on bullying and being bullied in school and online and uses various bullying scenarios. This activity packet contains a mini lesson plan, a "Letter of Advice Graphic Organizer," a sample, letter of advice, and actual letters outlining problems related to the following issues:
1) "Ralph the Terrible and his Gang." This is letter from a boy who has just moved to a new school and is being bullied by a gang of boys there.
2) "Should I squeal or let them steal?" This is a letter from a boy who knows the tough guys who stole the teacher's laptop. Should he squeal or mind his own business?
3) Bullying of my Oddball Friend-A young boy must decide rather to defend an old friend or support his new bully buddies.
4) Cyber Bullying- A young girl is taunted and bullied on line and around school by a clique of popular girls.
5) Social Bullying- "I never touched him!" A member of a group is shocked when he learns his couselor thinks he is a bully.
I think you will like this activity. It would also serve a good teacher or school counselor staff development training.