Towers Falling is an amazing novel that brings the events of 9/11 to life in a real and memorable way for today's teens. Many of our youth were not yet born when the September 11 attacks occurred. This novel study allows your students an opportunity to analyze and connect with the events of 9/11 through the study of the book, Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes.
About the Novel Study:
-The book is divided into 4 reading sections (1 section per week for 4 weeks). Students will meet in small groups to read and discuss the book. Each week, students will complete a reading assignment that includes critical thinking questions about the text. As well, students will choose a "Role Activity" to further delve into the book and the events of 9/11. Students will meet each week to present their project with their small group as well as discuss the answers to their reading assignment.
- Reading schedule with space for determining reading due dates
- Cover page for creating a Novel Study student booklet.
- 4 Weekly Reading Assignments that include questions pertaining to the section (summary, thought provoking questions, analyze the text, etc.)
- Novel Study Roles Activity: 10 "Roles" to choose from each week such as: interviewing a family member, finding and summarize news articles, learning about the author, creating a diorama, scrapbook page, etc.)
- Grading rubrics (4) specific to each reading section.
- After reading Book Review
CLICK THE PREVIEW BUTTON TO SEE MORE!
Connect with Me:
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Instagram