Town Mouse and Country Mouse Fable PowerPoint, Google Slides® and Worksheets
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Use this literature resource for the fable The Town Mouse and Country Mouse to practice comprehension skills while using technology skills. This hybrid resource includes an animated PowerPoint of the fable, a Google Slides® student resource, and over ten printables!
HOW IT WORKS
- Start with the animated PowerPoint with sound to introduce the fable of The Town Mouse and Country Mouse to the whole group.
- Use the PowerPoint as a SHARED READING or an INTERACTIVE READ ALOUD. The Presenter’s Notes guide the teacher with instructions on starting the animations and advancing the slides. Questions for prior knowledge, checking comprehension, and student engagement are included in the Presenter’s Notes.
- Then, assign the Google Slides® Student Resource to your students. The 13 slides interactive resource supports the third-grade common core literature standards.
- Students interact with the slides by entering text, dragging objects, or inserting images. Speaker Notes guide the students with more instructions and information. Each slide also has a VIDEO link for instructional support. Slides are self-paced and can be done individually, in cooperative groups, or whole class.\
- Answer Key and Scoring Guide are included in the Google Slides® Student Resource.
CONTENTS OF GOOGLE SLIDES® STUDENT RESOURCE
♦ Slide 1: Town Mouse and Country Mouse Cover
♦ Slide 2: Instructions for Students
♦ Slide 3: Elements of a Folktale (comparing fables, fairy tales, myths, and legends)
♦ Slide 4: The entire text of the fable Town Mouse and Country Mouse
♦ Slide 5: Story Map
♦ Slide 6: Vocabulary Practice
♦ Slide 7: Character Traits of Country Mouse
♦ Slide 8: Character Traits of Town Mouse
♦ Slide 9: Character Traits Cause and Effect
♦ Slide 10: Examining the Moral
♦ Slide 11: Answer Questions by Citing Evidence
♦ Slide 12: Compare and Contrast Country and City
♦ Slide 13: Compare and Contrast Real Mice and Fable Mice
There are separate versions for the desktop version of Google Slides® and the iPad® version of Google Slides®.
- Use the 11 included printables can be used in various ways: independent classwork, small group work, homework, or as extensions.
- They are similar to but not copies of the Google Slides® Student Resource. The printables are for additional practice for answering questions with text evidence, character analysis, comparing and contrasting, and explaining the moral of the fable.
- Also Included are the suggestions for use and the answer key.
CONTENTS OF PRINTABLES
♦ Copy of the fable The Town Mouse and Country Mouse
♦ 10 Comprehension Questions
♦ Character Description of Country Mouse
♦ Character Description of Town Mouse
♦ Hot Seat Role Play Activity
♦ Central Message/Moral of the Story
♦ Illustrating a Quote from the Fable
♦ Compare and Contrast The Town Mouse and Country Mouse to another fable
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS
- In the Google Slides® Student Resource, the Instructions for Students slide gives detailed directions on working with the slides. All the slides provide additional instructions and more information to the student in the SPEAKER NOTES section of each slide (similar to the Presenter's Notes area in PowerPoint).
- In addition to the SPEAKER NOTES, the slides have VIDEO links to support student understanding of citing evidence, comparing and contrasting, story maps, cause and effect, character traits, and more. The videos are linked or shared through safeshare.tv for kid-friendly viewing.
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
- Instructions for Using the PowerPoint
- Suggestions for Using the Printables
- a PDF ReadMe File includes instructions and information pertinent to moving the Google Slides® Student Resource to your Google Drive®
- How to assign the file in Google Classroom® (with a video link on how to set up Google Classroom®)
- how to use Google Classroom®
- how to use Google Slides®
- how to use an Interactive Digital Notebook
- a list of the slides and their content
- an answer key
- a printable scoring guide
- 1 PowerPoint of The Town Mouse and Country Mouse
- PowerPoint Presenter’s Notes
- PDF with all the Printables
- PDF ReadMe File to the link for Google Slides® Student Resource
- PDF Copy of each slide for reference
- PDF Printable Copy of the Google Slides® Speaker Notes for reference
- PDF Instructions on how to move Google Slides® to other platforms (NearPod®, SeeSaw®, etc.)
TEACHERS, LIKE YOU, SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jennifer S. says, "My students loved the activities for Town Mouse and Country Mouse!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jillian L. says, "My students really enjoyed this activity."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Amy M. says, "Great resource that I was able to use for my edTPA."
⭐ Character Traits of Fairy Tale Characters
⭐ Character Traits Practice with 4 Activities and Worksheets
⭐ Legend of the Bluebonnet Literature Standards Support Worksheets Grade 3
⭐ Legend of the Indian Paintbrush Standards Support Worksheets Grade 3
⭐ Raven Trickster Tale Standards Support Worksheets Grade 3
If you are looking for more resources to add to your Google Classroom, check out my CUSTOM CATEGORY GOOGLE DRIVE®Digital Paperless for additional resources.
Copyright © Two Boys and a Dad Productions
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Permission to use on secure digital learning management system platforms (such as Google Classroom, Teams, Canva, etc.)
Comments, suggestions, feedback, and questions are always welcomed!
♦ Be sure to FOLLOW ME for updates and new product announcements!
♦ Do you need some fresh ideas and tips? Then visit My BLOG.
♦ Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly!
♦ If you have any questions or concerns, contact me through the Q & A, and I'll get back to you ASAP!