- Students choose a toy appropriate for infants and/or toddlers and answers evaluation questions to determine if the toy is safe and appropriate.
- This article from Stanford Children's Health (https://www.stanfordchildrens.org/en/topic/default?id=buying-guidelines-for-safe-and-fun-toys-1-1922) is a great reference for students to read prior to this activity, as well as refer to it while evaluating each toy.
- It would be a great experience for students to see and handle these toys in person, but pictures and/or online research of the toys will also work to complete this activity.
- The amount of toys to evaluate is determined by the teacher, but each worksheet is for one toy. Therefore, students will need one page per toy.
- Clipart was provided FREE on Teachers Pay Teachers at Frau Crusoe.
This activity works well for Child Development, Human Growth and Development, Education & Training, Early Childhood Education or related courses.