Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.1 MB | 20 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.7.8. They will trace and evaluate an argument and specific claims in a text. Students will assess whether the reasoning an author uses is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to
support the claims. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 4 links to instructional videos, audio, or texts
• 1 link to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes four multiple choice questions and one true or false question
• Definitions of key terms, such as reasoning and claims
• Examples of how to identify and analyze claims in several texts
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities on certain parts of the standard, such as establishing arguments
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels