These trading activities were designed as a cross curricular economics unit. They will help your students learn what trading is, the difference between trading and bartering, and how money simplifies trade. Social Studies, reading, and math lessons are all included in this unit
This product is part of my Economics Bundle. Click on the link below to check out the bundle and save money!
Economics Bundled Unit!
Please view the preview prior to purchasing to ensure these activities are appropriate for your grade level.
1. Word Wall Poster
2. Trading Simulation Activity
3. Goods Trading Cards for simulation (color and blackline
cards are included)
4. I Can Make A Trade Worksheet (activity for after the trade
5. All About Trading Mini Book (color and blackline versions
6. Money Trading Math Worksheets (3 differentiated money
7. Ways People Earn Money activity
C3 Social Studies Standard
-Describe reasons why people voluntarily trade.
-Describe ways in which people earn money.
-Describe how money simplifies trade.
With prompting and support, read information texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
With guidance and support from adults, recall information from experiences or gather information from provided sources to answer a question.
Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ₵ symbols appropriately
29 pages total= 2(TOU/Credit pages), 2 (Teacher instruction pages), 25 (Student Activity pages)