Train Articulation Game
Each card features one picture of a stimulus item and a train.
48 page document
T, D, P, B, M, F, K, G S, S blends
24 cards in the initial/final (12 each) position of each sound.
240 cards total plus Extra Blank Trains
Each student is given a train station mat. Special cards for extra turns and losing turns are included.
Game Version One:
1. Print all train cards. Print 3 copies of the special cards. Print a train station for each student.
2. Use the stations as student mats. Draw trains from the pile. Students say each train word. Students can keep the train if they say it correctly. The student with the most engines in their station wins.
Game Version Two:
1. Print all trains. On the back of each train, write a number (1-5).
2. Give each student trains for their sound.
3. Play the game like war. Each student says their target word. Then flip the trains over to show a number. The student who has the higher number takes both cards for their pile.
The pack also includes 'cover sheets'. Trains with the sounds included on the front. This will help if you're organizing your trains with paperclips or rubber bands!
The word lists are included for each sound. Please visit SpeechRoomNews.blogspot.com for more pictures and descriptions.