Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.58 MB | 45 pages
This reading unit on the historical fiction book, Train to Somewhere by Eve Bunting, includes activities for vocabulary development, reading comprehension, cause and effect, and two assessments. It also has a suggested eight day lesson plan outline (using the materials in this packet) for a teacher to refer to. This product is common core aligned.
This total book study includes:
- Eight day lesson plan outline
- Twelve vocabulary cards with definitions and pictures (large enough to display
in a pocket chart or another classroom area)
- Vocabulary Game “I Have . . . Who Has?”
- Vocabulary Word Wheel Page (to practice the meaning and usage of a word)
- Fun Word Work Vocabulary Page (unscramble vocabulary words)
- Vocabulary Quiz with Answer Key
- Student note pages with questions and page numbers to gather text evidence
- Cause and Effect Diagram Pages with Answer Keys
- Reading Comprehension Test with Answer Key