Using several articles from The Abolition Project students are given 10-15 minutes to complete each activity in 6 different stations.
• Read Africa Before the Transatlantic Slavery
• Create an Instagram picture for an African kingdom before the Europeans arrived.
• Read The Arrival of European Traders
• Answer questions about the article.
• Read The Triangular Trade
• Create 3 Snapchat filters based on the Triangular Trade-one for each leg of the triangle (Europe to Africa, Africa to the West Indies/New World, West Indies/New World to Europe).
• Read The Middle Passage
• Write a Tweet as if you are an enslaved African
• Read On the Plantations
• Create a six-word memoir for a slave on a plantation
• Read British Involvement in the Transatlantic Slave Trade
• Answer a question in 5-6 sentences.