Transformation of Transportation in New York State Interactive Notebook / Lapbook with Test Prep Passages
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Technology Integration
• Transformation of Transportation Vocabulary Card Pocket with 24 no-prep, pre-made vocabulary cards
• Compare and Contrast Venn
• Compare and Contrast Bracket: Fulton's Steamboat and 1890s NYC Subway Car
• Compare and Contrast Trifold: Jane Jacobs vs. Robert Moses
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What were the causes and effects of the building of the Erie Canal?
• Robert Moses’ Influences in New York City Fact Pocket with no-prep, pre-made cards
• Transformation of Transportation: 4 Sides of an Innovation Fact Fold
• Transformation of Transportation Informational Diamond
• Transformation of Transportation 'All About...' Book-Style Flapbook
• Transformation of Transportation Fact Pocket with 12 no-prep, pre-made fact pocket cards of influential figures.
• Famous Transformation of Transportation Figure Diamond Fold
• Famous Transformation of Transportation Character Traits Circle
• All About… Trapezoid Foldable: Robert Fulton
• Transformation of Transportation Subway Tile Mosaics
• What would Robert Moses think...? What would Jane Jacobs think?
• Historical Fiction: Journal Entry
• Billboard Advertisement
• Political Cartoon
• Triangle Fold: How New York transformed its means of transportation prior to the automobile.
• Transformation of Transportation: Then –and Now
• Science & Technology Connection: Bridges & Tunnels
• Engineering & Technology Connection: Design a Bridge
• Transform your own Future of Transportation
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
Test Prep Passages included (Brooklyn Bridge and Robert Moses).
Common Core Aligned, 73 pages.
You May Also Be Interested in Our NYC Brooklyn Lesson Plans &Interactive Notebook Lapbook Activities Mega Bundle
- AND $AVE when you purchase the MEGA BUNDLE!
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016