This is an excerpt from Amazon's popular line of Bossy Brocci Math and Big Science workbooks! [it's pronounced like "Brawsee"]
Printing should be done in Landscape and DOUBLE-SIDED, with the flip being along the 'SHORT' side.
Want MORE Power for your Dollar?
Give Brocci Bundles a Try before you buy!
Note: If you want your students to use an actual Coordinate Plane to determine Enlargements, Reductions, Coordinates and Scale Factors . . . then please consider Transformation Lessons 17 through 20.
1) Calculate and Write 10 Scale Factors, given both Original & Dilation Ordered Pair Coordinates
2) Label Missing Image Points
3) Test 16 pairs of Ordered Pair Ratios for Proportionality, via executing and writing-in Cross-Products
4) Comprehend that Scale Factor is just a Proportionality Constant
5) Identify which 4 ratios of the 16 are equivalent to the mathematical definition of Scale Factor, and equal to the actual Dilation from Steps 1 and 2
6) Be compelled to show their work in a neat & orderly format
7) Be trained to Understand and Manipulate Scale Factors methodically & systematically
Printing should be done in Landscape and double-sided, with the flip being along the 'short' side
Math Geometry Transformation Transformations Properties of Transformations Coordinate Plane Translation Translations Properties of Translations Image Back-translating Translating Reflection Reflections Properties of Reflections Reflecting Reflecting across Horizontal y = 0 x-axis Vertical x = 0 y-axis Diagonal y = x Line of Reflection Rotation Rotations Properties of Rotations Rotating about Origin 90 180 degree rotations Determining Rotation Dilation Dilations Dilating Enlargement Enlargements Reduction Reductions Scale Factor Scale Factors Original Coordinates New Coordinates Image Coordinates Graphing Dilations Plotting Dilations Dilations and Area Dilation Trends Dilation and Percent Change Dilation Word Problems