Student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class. You can use this activity to review for a test, as a homework assignment, as extra credit, or as an assessment.
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Translate a figure • Rotate a figure
• Reflect a figure
• Dilate a figure
• Describe a transformation
• Find the coordinates of an image after a transformation or series of transformations
How to use this activity:
1. Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the
students to find and highlight their answers on this sheet. This will
help them to check their work and make corrections, if necessary.
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer
corresponds to specific feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE
drawing and coloring their suspects!
4. Hint: It looks GREAT if the kids outline their pictures with a black Sharpie!
Common Core Standards:
Verify experimentally the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations.
Understand that a two-dimensional figure is congruent to another if the second can be obtained from the first by a sequence of rotations, reflections, and translations; given two congruent figures, describe a sequence that exhibits the congruence between them.
Describe the effect of dilations, translations, rotations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
Click Here to Visit My Store!
Click the links below for more "mugshots" and other products your students will enjoy!
Integers and Order of Operations Mugshot!
Linear Equations and Slope-Intercept Form Mugshot!
Solving Multi-Step Equations Mugshot
Scatterplots, Functions, and Slope Mugshot
Polynomials and Factoring Mugshot
7th Grade Common Core Review Mugshot
Scientific Notation Scavenger Hunt/Task Cards