Preparing for Life after High School
WHAT STEPS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?
WHAT IS A TRANSITION PLAN?
HOW YOU CAN TAKE AN ACTIVE ROLE?
In order for special education students to succeed after high school it is vital that they gain essential life/career-readiness skills and have a plan. A key step in achieving this goal is by helping students better understand what a transition plan is, why it is important, and their role in the plan. These learning materials provide an opportunity for special education students to gain core knowledge about transitioning out of high school.
OBJECTIVES: Students will be able to:
• Identify challenges that are commonly faced after high school.
• Explain the importance of being prepared and having a plan for life after high school.
• Describe what a transition plan is and its purpose.
• Explain your role in a transition plan.
1) PowerPoint linked to reading sheets.
2) WHAT STEPS DO YOU NEED TO TAKE?; Reading comprehension worksheet.
3) WHAT IS A TRANSITION PLAN?; Reading comprehension worksheet.
4) TAKING AN ACTIVE ROLE; Reading comprehension worksheet.
5) Being Prepared for the Adult World, EVALUATING YOURSELF; Worksheet.
6) Suggested Things You Need to Succeed; Worksheet.
7) Assessment; Multiple choice, true or false, fill-in.
OTHER EXCELLENT LIFE SKILLS LESSONS:
Problem Solving Skills, Life Skills
Learning from Failure
Your Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.