Bring transition words to life in a personal photo essay. This project will engage students as they get familiar with transition words and learn how they can be used to communicate complex ideas more clearly in writing.
The assignment also helps students get to know each other beyond the usual, "I love soccer" and "My favorite book is Hatchet" sentences (snore).It's an interactive, curriculum-based activity to get students working together and thinking deeply. My students love this project. I've even had students from other classes ask to participate!
This assignment is...
- Common Core Aligned (sites the specific standard)
- 21st Century Learning focused
- A complete lesson plan with all activities and student sheets
- Differentiated for three levels, with materials for each
- Easy to grade with included rubric
- Adaptable for use without cameras or computers
- Adaptable for use as a character study or history lesson
- Complete with photo examples of each step as well as tips and links to make teaching easy
- Well organized, with steps that lead your students to success
- An editable 12-page MS Word Document
Differentiated content makes this lesson appropriate for grades 4-9. Just choose the transition words that are most appropriate for your students. Includes opportunities for students to work with a partner and independently.