Transition words help students organize their writing. Students who regularly use transition words in their writing tend to be better writers. This writing anchor chart set will serve as a visual reminder for your students to add those words or phrases that are so vital for good writing. Anchor charts are interactive and encourage the use of the targeted skills.
• Use in a writing or language arts center.
• As a bulletin board display.
• As a writing lesson anchor.
• Enlarging the posters from the original 8.5 x 11 inch would be best.
• Laminate the posters for durability.
You can put them up on a bulletin board as an anchor for writing throughout the year, or use them in their "as is" size in a writing center. That is how I use them in my own classroom. My students have excellent writing organization skills because they use these anchor posters from the start. As the year progresses, they begin to find their favorites and use them without prompt.