Also included in
- Quality homework questions are hard to find, and there are never enough included in the textbook. These homework worksheets will provide your students with the practice and reinforcement they need to master the concepts of DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis. Both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL versions of allPrice $7.19Original Price $12.75Save $5.56
- This complete teaching unit on DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include a 120-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and diPrice $42.36Original Price $66.19Save $23.83
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $428.00Original Price $982.16Save $554.16
Use this printable or digital homework assignment or study guide to provide your students with quality review questions on protein synthesis and translation. As I teach my unit on DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis, I assign a portion of these questions for homework each night. The completed assignment provides a thorough study guide for the unit test. You can also use a few questions during class each day to check for student understanding of the concepts being taught.
This homework assignment provides 48 questions on protein synthesis. Students will answer questions about the genetic code, codons, anticodons, gene expression, the structure of the ribosome, the steps in protein synthesis, and mutations. See detailed topic list below.
Both printable and digital versions of this resource are included. The student handouts can be printed or used in the paperless digital format in your Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar. This resource is perfect for traditional classroom settings, 1:1 schools, or for distance learning.
What is included in your download folder?
- Printable and Editable Homework Assignment: Translation and Protein Synthesis
- Digital paperless version (not editable) for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and/or Microsoft OneDrive
- Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Teacher Guide for Google Apps Versions
When teaching my unit on DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis, I provide my students with 4 different homework / study guides by dividing the information into 4 blocks:
Homework #1: The Structure of DNA
Homework #2: Replication of DNA
Homework #3: RNA and Transcription
Homework #4: Translation and Protein Synthesis
This listing is for the fourth assignment only: Translation and Protein Synthesis. You can view all 4 assignments bundled together by clicking this link: Bundle of 4 DNA and RNA Homework Assignments
Suitable for biology and life science students in grades 8-12.
This assignment was written for my Biology I class. It covers the concepts found in any Biology I text. This homework assignment contains questions of varying formats: Compare and contrast terms, fill in the blank, short answer, and labeling.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding the genetic code, how codons translate into amino acids, start codons, stop codons, reading a table of codons.
- Translation: protein synthesis, ribosomes, steps in translation, the role of mRNA and the role of tRNA, structure of tRNA and its ability to transport amino acids, reading and deciphering the code.
- Practice Problem: Given a DNA sequence, students will figure out the corresponding mRNA codon sequence, the tRNA anticodon sequence, and the amino acid sequence.
- Ribosome structure: large subunit, small subunit, RNA binding sites, the entry and exit of tRNA to build a polypeptide, start codons, stop codons.
- Mutations: definition of mutation, gene mutations, chromosome mutations, point mutations, base substitutions, base insertions or deletions, silent mutations, frameshift mutations, the importance of mutations in natural selection.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: