Have fun reviewing your students for the unit test with this PowerPoint, Jeopardy-Style Review Game.
Topic Covered: Translation and Protein Synthesis
My students love to review using this Jeopardy Powerpoint review game. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
PLEASE NOTE: This game can be purchased in the following bundle:
DNA, RNA Protein Synthesis Jeopardy Game Bundle: Set of Three Games
This review game has 5 categories with 5 questions in each category.
Topics covered are:
1. The Genetic Code: codons, amino acids, gene expression, codon triplets specify amino acids, protein building instructions.
2. Start and stop codons.
3. 64 possible codon combinations and the amino acids they code for.
4. Translation: Definition, purpose of translation, steps in translation.
5. The role of tRNA in translation.
6. Codons and Anticodons.
7. The importance of reading the codons in the correct order.
8. Structure of the ribosome: large and small subunits, mRNA binding site, three binding sites for tRNA.
9. Mutations: Definition, gene mutations, chromosome mutations, point mutations, frameshift mutations, substitutions, deletions, insertions, the importance of mutations in natural selection.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced. Very easy to add your own questions!
This powerpoint jeopardy game consists of 53 slides. The game is limited to 25 questions. For this topic, there are many more possible questions that could be asked. If would be very easy for you to delete some of my questions and add some of your own to make this review game more applicable to your students.
Related products include:
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis: Complete Unit Plan of 20 products
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Powerpoint and Notes for Student and Teacher
Lab: Effect of Environment on Gene Expression
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Biology Buzz Words: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
Lab: Determining the Traits of a Mystery Organism Through Protein Synthesis
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Crossword Puzzle
Test: DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis
DNA Quiz or Homework (Advanced)
Crossword Puzzle: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Worksheet or Study Guide
Test: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Set of 4 Homework Assignments
Homework #1: The Basics of DNA
Homework #2: DNA Replication
Homework #3: RNA and Transcription
Homework #4: Protein Synthesis and Translation
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis - Set of 3 quizzes
Quiz #1: DNA and Replication
Quiz #2: RNA and Transcription
Quiz #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
RNA and Transcription Powerpoint Jeopardy Game
DNA and RNA Powerpoint Jeopardy REview Games - Set of Three Games
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Test: RNA, transcription and translation
FREE Chart of Amino Acids and Their Codons
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page