Translation and Protein Synthesis: A short quiz to check for understanding leading up to the unit test.
Suitable for biology and life science students in grades 8-12.
This product contains 1 of 3 different quizzes that I use when teaching a unit on DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis.
I have divided the information into the following three quizzes:
Quiz #1: DNA and Replication
Quiz #2: RNA and Transcription
Quiz #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis
This listing is for the third quiz only: Translation and Protein Synthesis. You can buy all 3 quizzes bundled together by clicking on this link: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Quiz Bundle
This quiz was written for my Biology I class. It covers the concepts found in any Biology I text. The question format is fill in the blank and short answer. I have included a short preview of the quiz in my free preview download.
Included on this quiz:
Quiz #3: Translation and Protein Synthesis (36 questions)
1. The Genetic Code: codons, amino acids, gene expression, codon triplets specify amino acids, protein building instructions.
2. Start and stop codons.
3. 64 possible codon combinations and the amino acids they code for.
4. Translation: Definition, purpose of translation, steps in translation.
5. The role of tRNA in translation.
6. Codons and Anticodons.
7. The importance of reading the codons in the correct order.
8. Sample Problem: Given the sequence on the DNA molecule, students will give the mRNA codon sequence, the tRNA anticodon sequence, and the order of amino acids for coded for.
9. Structure of the ribosome: large and small subunits, mRNA binding site, three binding sites for tRNA.
10. Mutations: Definition, gene mutations, chromosome mutations, point mutations, frameshift mutations, substitutions, deletions, insertions, the importance of mutations in natural selection.
My materials are easily adaptable. You can easily add or delete questions. You will receive both a pdf and a Word document version of all assignments.
All answers are included.
Also included is a chart of amino acids and the 64 codon combinations.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!
Related products include:
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis: Complete Unit Plan of 20 products
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Powerpoint with Teacher and Student Notes
Lab: Effect of Environment on Gene Expression
DNA Powerpoint Jeopardy Game
Lab: Chromosome Squashes
Lab: Determining the Traits of a Mystery Organism Through Protein Synthesis
Biology Buzz Words: DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Crossword Puzzle
Test: DNA, RNA, and protein synthesis
DNA Quiz or Homework (Advanced)
Crossword Puzzle: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Worksheet or Study Guide
DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Test: DNA and Replication
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis Set of 4 Homework Assignments
Homework #2: DNA Replication
Homework #3: RNA and Transcription
Homework #4: Protein Synthesis and Translation
DNA, RNA, Protein Synthesis - Set of 3 quizzes
Translation and Protein Synthesis Powerpoint Jeopardy Review Game
DNA and RNA Powerpoint Jeopardy REview Games - Set of Three Games
Test: RNA, transcription and translation
FREE Chart of Amino Acids and Their Codons
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page