PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students are led through a lesson on transformations.
Are your students struggling with the concept of translation like mine did? I created this web lesson as a sub plan which did two things:
1. Got them on the computer for the substitute
2. Got them focusing on translations
3. This is meant to be used AFTER students have been introduced to translations, not as a substitute lesson plan
About this product:
- It is an independent activity packet
- Students need access to their own computer
What it covers:
- It starts with basic information of translations and introduces the coordinate plane
- It transitions into practice translating figures with speech such as "3 units down and 2 to the right"
- Then, it introduces a vector and the use of one
- Students end the packet with using math terminology to translate a figure using speech such as "translate the figure along vector XY"
- rainy day activity
- part of a math center
- help for struggling students
**If you have any requests and/or updates for my work, please message me!