The song pack begins with the song, “Then And Now”, which compares a pony and trap with the modern motor car. Several songs cover the more common forms of transport. The songs “SS Kingswells” and “Union Street” allow the pupils to personalise the local information involved. “Look Around” and “Traffic Signs” encourage the children to be aware of the many of the various signposts they are likely to see.
The complete set of 10 “Transport” songs consists of:
* 20 mp3 files, with both vocal and piano backing tracks
* a PDF of the music and lyrics
* an illustrated PowerPoint of each song for use with digital projectors and whiteboards
* a separate Word document of the lyrics
* Teachers’ notes to assist with the delivery of the songs
No license is required for performing any of my material, and the music and lyrics may be copied freely for use within or by your school.
The songs are:
1. Then And Now
2. The SS Kingswells
3. Look Around
4. Travel On The Motorway
5. On The Ferry
6. Traffic Signs
7. We’re Off!
8. We’ve Got A Red Bus
9. Union Street