Looking for Transportation Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you! Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a transportation theme.
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Transportation Beginning Sound Clip Cards-
Look at the picture of the type of transportation. Clip the letter of the sound it begins with.
“Things That Go” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
Name Tracing Strips
- Editable File included! Make these for your students and laminate them or put them in a sheet protector. With dry erase markers they can trace their names over and over!
Rhyming Roads Match
- Pick a “car” card and say the name of the picture. Find a “road” card that has a picture that rhymes.
Rainbow Cars (2 levels)
- Pick a colorful car card. Find the color word that matches, and color the car you picked.
* One option with reading color words, the other option with matching them (assistance provided).
- Roll the die. Record the letters you roll on the graph. See which letter gets to the top first.
If you roll a bike, you can pick any letter! *Editable Activity!
Sight Word Engineer
– Roll the die. Record the word you roll on the graph below. See which word gets to the top first.
If you roll a train, you can pick any word! *Editable Activity!
Transportation Write It (Write the Room)
– Pick a card (transportation themed). Find and record the word next to its matching picture on the recording sheet.
* Also includes a coloring version (no writing required, color the matching mode of transportation).
– Place the mode of transportation under where it travels: air, land, or water.
Syllables on the Move
– Sort the modes of transportation by their number of syllables.
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Transportation Count and Clip Cards-
– Count the number of types of transportation and clip the total (sets to 20).
Tow Truck 10 and 20 frames (2 sets)
– Match the two truck numbers with their cards (ten frames and twenty frames).
How Many Airplanes?- (2 levels)
– Pick a card and count the airplanes (sets to 12). Color the airplane with the matching number. * Second version uses base ten blocks 11-20 instead of counting airplanes.
Transportation Roll and Graph-
– Roll the die. Color a space above the mode of transportation you roll on the graph below. See which one gets to the top first!
Truck Counting Mats
– Read the number and number word. Use play dough or any other small manipulatives to put that many items “in the truck.” (Numbers 1-20)
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Count the objects and write the total in the box (sets to 12).
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Write the equation and solve to show how many items (beginning addition to 10).
– laminate and use with a dry erase marker. Write the equation and solve to show how many items (beginning subtraction within 10).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More Transportation Activities
Transportation Writing Center Activities