Planes, trains, trucks and so much more! Looking for transportation lesson plans for preschool students? This transportation-themed unit contains a variety of materials for language-based lessons, centers, and thinking activities for our young friends who love "things that go!". Materials included in this set can easily be incorporated into a transportation center or can be a weekly theme.
This product contains:
•19 full-page colorful pictures of vehicles + pictures of traffic light and stop sign (for vocabulary discussion at circle time or in small groups)
• 3 full colorful play scenes (pond, railroad tracks, and road) with 18 vehicles to place on scenes (for interactive play, expressive language, and following directions)
•“Things that fly”, “Water Vehicles” and “Land Vehicles” sorting mats with 18 colorful vehicles to sort.
• Easy reader, repetitive text b/w book for easy printing for each student to color and keep
* Color sorting mat (red, blue, yellow, green) with 24 colorful vehicles and objects to sort
* 24 small picture-picture matching cards (48 total)
* “Big” and “Little” sorting mat with 48 colorful vehicle cards
* 3 coloring pages
* Make your own license plate activity
* Make your own driver’s license activity
* “streets” for pretend play
* 4 colorful pages of transportation themed songs (“Wheels on the bus”, “Twinkle, twinkle traffic light”, “Down by the station”, and an “Airplane” action poem). B/w copies of these pages are also included to copy and send home with students for sharing with families and carryover at home.
If you like this transportation lesson plans for preschool kit, you may also like:
Kathy Babineau MS, CCC-SLP
Here is what buyers of this product had to say:
⭐ This unit perfectly accompanied my transportation lesson with my students. They loved sorting the categories of transportation before we focused in on the modes we use to get to and from school! - Amy L.
⭐ I really like this transportation unit for a lot of reasons. It is a great interactive resource that addresses several language goals. - Margaret L.
⭐ My littles are going to absolutely love these activities! Transportation is one of the units I was planning for spring and this is adorable! Thank you for creating this fun packet. - Nancy J.