Build comprehension using these 6 nonfiction mini-passages, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice comprehension questions on one page. The paragraph topics are different forms of transportation, including airplanes, bicycles, cars, cruise ships, helicopters, and hot air balloons. The questions include a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great way to integrate reading and social studies!
The readability levels of these passages is in the 3rd-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders will need more teacher support with decoding and vocabulary. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Auto Biography informational text and questions (1 page)
• Hot Air Flair informational text and questions (1 page)
• I Like Big Boats informational text and questions (1 page)
• Pedal Progress informational text and questions (1 page)
• Plane Language informational text and questions (1 page)
• Whirlybird Ways informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► SAVE by purchasing the Short Reading Passages BUNDLE
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!