Transportation Vocabulary Bundle! This bundle of transportation vocabulary resources will provide your students with lots of engaging, research based activities to practice vocabulary related to transportation. The resources and activities in this bundle are especially helpful for ELL students learning new transportation terms and I’ve found all my students enjoy using them.
English + Spanish (A Spanish Transportation Vocabulary Bundle version is now included for FREE)
This transportation vocabulary bundle includes:
Transportation Vocabulary Trading Cards:
• 16 transportation trading cards with the word and picture of the type of weather on the front and a definition and sentence on the back.
• The same 16 transportation cards with the words on them but blank spaces for students to draw their own picture of the type of transportation and room to write their own definitions and sentences.
• 8 blank cards that students can use to add more transportation terms to as they come across them in their studies.
• A template for a labeled box that students can cut out, write their name on and color to store their transportation cards in.
• A list of ways you can use these transportation vocabulary flashcards/trading cards with your students that is based on Robert Marzano’s “Six Steps to Better Vocabulary Instruction”. This list helps me because I can show parents, administrators, other teachers, etc. that I’m using research-based methods in my classroom.
• Trading Card Manual: 15 pages of tips and ideas on how to use these trading cards in your class.
Transportation Word Wall Cards
• 16 transportation word wall cards with pictures representing them.
• 2 blank templates with the same border that you can write your own transportation vocabulary on and draw your own pictures on if there are other words you’d like to add to your word wall. I love having my students do this because they feel a sense of pride and ownership as they look at their own words and pictures that they added to the word wall.
Printable Transportation Vocabulary Board Game:
• A printable, colorful Transportation Vocabulary Game board (that works just as well printed in gray scale).
• A set of related game pieces that students can cut out and fold with the option to draw their own pictures to give students a sense of choice and ownership in the game.
• A set of game rules for students to read and follow.
• A page of teacher notes/tips to help the game run smoother.
• An answer key with sample sentences, definitions, and pictures for each transportation vocabulary word to help the other players on the team decide whether the player is correct or not during their turn.
• A set of game cards to cut out to place on the game board with an optional back side that can be printed onto the backs of the cards to make it more difficult to see the word through the card.
*Note: Spanish Transportation Vocabulary Bundle set now included for FREE to use with Spanish speaking or bilingual students!
Here are some related products:
Transportation Vocabulary Game
Transportation Cards and Word Wall
Transportation Word Wall
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the other fun vocabulary cards and games in
Transportation Vocabulary Bundle
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License