This lesson introduces corresponding angles, alternate interior angles, alternate exterior angles, same-side interior angles, and same-side exterior angles. It starts with an investigation activity in which students discover properties of corresponding angles. Students learn about angle relationships that occur when a transversal is cut by parallel lines.
Here's what's included:
- Inquiry-based activity for discovering properties of corresponding angles (protractor & patty paper, tracing paper, or tissue paper required)
- A short presentation
- Practice with angles along a transversal
- 2 Warm-ups
- Critical Thinking worksheet
- Algebra Applications worksheet
- Half-sheet Organizers for recording theorems & postulates (can be assembled into a booklet/study guide)
- Answer Keys
Please take a look at the preview file for more information. Be sure that the problems are appropriate for your students. Critical thinking questions and algebra applications are included.
Zip file contains two PDF files.
For more great resources, try:
Transversals & Parallel Lines: Rolling Ball Challenge
High School Geometry Super Bundle
Discovering Triangle Inequality Theorem