Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
29.67 MB | 49 pages
In this activity students will become a part of the rock cycle as they roll dice to determine their fate. Will they melt into magma, rise to the surface, crystallize, erode? Who knows? Each student will have a unique experience.
This 11 station activity stresses the different Earth processes that rock material goes through to change rock from one type to another. These processes include: melting, weathering, erosion, deposition, cooling, crystallization and many more. It is one of my favorite and one that your students will long remember.
Included in this bundle are:
* 3 page teacher instruction document
* 11 photographs to illustrate what each station looks like in a real classroom.
* An 11 slide PowerPoint to use to introduce this activity to your students and explain how it will work.
* 11 station labels
* An 11 page pdf file of all dice templates needed for each station.
* 2 page student worksheet.