This unit will take your students on a trip across Canada. Students will visit the 7 geographical regions of Canada. These regions include:
• The Cordillera Region
• The Prairies Region
• The Hudson Bay Lowlands Region
• The Great Lakes St.Lawrence Lowlands Region
• The Arctic Region
• The Appalachian Region
• The Canadian Shield Region
See the preview for a free sample lesson!
What is Included?
• A scrapbook page for each of the geographical regions of Canada with student samples
• Detailed lesson ideas for each region that include:
o read aloud suggestions
The following objectives are met:
• the variety and abundance of natural resources in Canada
•the diversity of geographic phenomena in Canada
•the environmental significance of national parks and protected areas in Canada
•the land sustains communities and the diverse ways that people have of living with the land
•the influence of the natural environment on the growth and development of Canada
•the geographic vastness of Canada
• demonstrate care and concern for the environment through their choices and actions
• What are the major geographical regions, landforms and bodies of water in Canada?
• How do landforms, bodies of water and natural resources affect the quality of life in Canada?
• What are the differences and similarities among the geographical regions of Canada?
• How is the geographical region they live in different from other regions of Canada?
• What are the factors that determine climate in the diverse geographical regions of Canada (e.g., latitude, water, mountains)? (LPP)
• How are Canada’s national parks and protected areas important to the sustainability of Canada’s natural environment?
• In what ways do natural resources and the physical geography of a region determine the establishment of communities?
• How are natural resources used, exchanged and conserved in Canada?
• Whose responsibility should it be to ensure the preservation of Canada’s national parks and protected areas?
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the Q&A section and don’t forget to check out the preview!
Note: This file is NOT editable. Please check out the preview to ensure that it will meet your needs!
Don’t forget to check out my other Social Studies Products!
Google Drive – Famous Five Research
Famous Five Research
Canadian History Museum Project Based Learning
Canadian History PowerPoint Presentation and Interactive Notes
Canadian History Interactive Notebook
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and
leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your
feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your
classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and
click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive email updates
about Chocolate Covered Classroom Creations! ☺