This comprehensive resource on going through customs and immigration, personal tax exemptions, important notes when traveling with high value items, and filling out declaration cards would make an excellent addition to any travel theme or unit in your ESL or LINC classes. With it, your students will be well-prepared for their next international trip!
* authentic, real life material
* A step-by-step lesson plan which breaks this unit down into four days
* 4 structured role-plays about customs and immigration
* A question and answer matching activity
* A detailed, visual explanation of current Canadian tax exemptions for citizens and permanent residents, and a worksheet to help you assess student's understanding
* An up-to-date customs declaration card, courtesy of Canada Border Services Agency
* A role-play activity to go along with the CBSA declaration card
* A final PBLA speaking assessment, complete with conditions for success and rubrics.
* A few suggestions on using included activities as assessments
LINC Instructors: This is most appropriate for CLB 3 and higher, but some parts of it can be easily adapted for CLB 2 classes.
As always, enjoy and have a great class. Feedback is greatly appreciated! :)