Thoroughly tried and tested (and fantastically creative!) 5 week unit on Travel Writing! Suitable for ages 11-16 and focuses upon writing to inform, persuade and describe, culminating in the creation of a brochure for a fantastical island of each pupil's design.
* 15 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 67 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Homework project
Unit's lessons include:
* Travel-focused riddles
* Analysis of the travel poem 'Holiday Memory'
* Writing poems about travel using a range of poetic devices
* Writing a formal letter (about a holiday from hell!)
* Exploring how persuasive language and jargon are used in brochures
* Analysing language in a Maldives holiday brochure
* Exploring and creating logos and slogans
* Creating and mapping a fantastical island resort
* Writing assessment - a brochure about the fantastical island!
* Analysisng television travel channel video clips
* Research into a chosen destination
* Creating and delivering a presentation about a chosen destination
* Spelling tests (differentiated)
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!