This is a document with guidelines for writing a short story about a past travel experience using the preterite.
How did I use this activity/assessment:
1. First, we practiced writing stories on whiteboards using the step by step guidelines.
2. I showed my students photos about famous people's vacations and they would write a short story to share with a their partner.
3. Then, I had them write their own short story on a piece of paper.
4. After they wrote their story, my students a drew six- box storyboard/comic strip that represented their written story.
5. I had my students memorize the paragraph and present it to me by just using their drawings for their storyboard.