This board game is an engaging way for students to review regular ar, er, and ir Spanish verbs in the present tense. They advance spaces by answering questions correctly, and the first one to the buried treasure wins!
One student draws a card and reads the question, while the other group members write their answers. The student with the card then says the answer, and all students with the correct answer advance one space. If a card ever stumps all of the writers, the student with the card gets to advance two spaces. Students are entirely self-sufficient during this game, and all students play at all times, instead of sitting around and waiting for teammates to take turns.
Included in this product:
- one game board
- two pages of cards (with conjugation, translation, and true/false questions) with their answers
- a page to print of the back of the cards (so they aren't see-through)
- one page of detailed instructions for the teacher
- one page of clear Spanish instructions for students to keep on their desks as a reference
- one page of playing pawns for students to cut out and draw themselves as pirates :)
This game is ideal for the first week of Spanish 2, when students need to review conjugations and definitions of the most common regular Spanish verbs. The question cards can be easily edited to suit your needs though, so feel free to add in some irregular verbs or any other topic you want your students to study.
I hope your students have a fun time playing this game!