Let us save you time this Waitangi Day with our New Zealand Waitangi Day BUNDLE: a bundle of fantastic Waitangi literacy resources featuring Reading, Writing, and other activities! Perfect for the NZ (New Zealand) classroom and your guided reading program! Ramp up your reading comprehension program!
We all know how busy the start of the year can be, with regular testing, and the need to establish clear classroom routines. These activities are great for early finishers, as part of your literacy program, or for homework.
The Treaty of Waitangi is New Zealand's founding document and an important part of who we are. Engage your students with this easy-to-use differentiated reading resource. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks. Integrate these activities into your history and/or social studies projects!
This BUNDLE includes the following resources:
Waitangi Day Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions NZ
Waitangi Day Print and Go Activity Pack
Daily Writing Prompts February Waitangi Day NZ PowerPoint, Journal and Worksheet
Useful as part of your portfolio of evidence to meet the Education Council's Registered Teacher Criteria Sections 2, 3 and 10.
In this pack you will receive:
1. Matariki Close Reading Comprehension Texts - Higher Order Thinking Activities
In this pack you will receive:
1. Three texts - all with an extended and scaffold version:
⭐ Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi (extended version is School Journal article)
⭐ Who was Hōne Heke
⭐ Waitangi Day
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities
Each passage features different activities!
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
- Find Facts and Details
- Make Inferences
- Identify the main idea
- Ask and Answer Questions
- Compare and Contrast
- Make Predictions
- Make Connections
3. Four Graphic Organizer Examples
- Information Web
- Main Idea
- Flow Diagram
- Venn Diagram
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions.
5. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks.
2. Waitangi Day Print and Go Activity Pack:
This resource features:
⭐️ Writing Prompts
⭐️ Mix and Match
⭐️ Word Scramble
⭐️ Treaty Activity Color/Black and White
⭐️ Word Find
⭐️ Venn Diagram
⭐️ Snap Shot
⭐️ Fact or Fiction
⭐️ Flag Activity (1 and 2)
⭐️ Acrostic Poem
⭐️ Te Reo Activity
3. 32 February Writing Prompts:
You will receive 32 daily writing prompts:
- Four Explanatory prompts
- Four Description prompts
- Four Opinion/persuasive prompts
- Four Narrative prompts (story starters)
- Ten Photo/Picture Prompts (including two Waitangi Day photos)
- Six Waitangi Day-themed prompts
When you purchase this product, you will receive it in three different formats:
- An ‘On The Job’ Writing Prompts PowerPoint presentation (32 prompts)
- An ‘On the Job’ Writing Prompt journal (32 prompts)
- A printable worksheet with multiple copies of each prompt, saving $$ on photocopying (32 prompts).
We really appreciate your feedback! If you enjoy this resource, don't forget to leave feedback so you receive credit and other teachers can find it too!
If you're interested in upcoming Top Teaching Tasks resources, click on the green star to follow!
Stay in touch
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Pin with us on Pinterest!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel!