Also included in
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for SMART Notebook and PowerPoint will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%! With this one download, you will receive the P$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 3-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save over 20%!You can also purchase this for SMART NOTEBOOK by clicking here: Mu$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- This bundle includes 8 of my favorite, interactive Smart Board games and activities. These all work with the program “Smart Notebook,” so please make sure you have this program before downloading. This bundle has a $40 value! You can leave these games for a sub if they can use the Smart Board!Smart$28.00$40.00Save $12.00
- NEW, LOWER PRICE! This is THE bundle for the music classroom. This includes all of my best-selling PowerPoint games, lessons, warm-ups, and more! Includes all of my Music Detective series, Instrument Zoom, Music Staff Karate for Treble and Bass Clef, Composer Trivia, "Faeries and Giants" movement a$47.25$94.50Save $47.25
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 4-game bundle for POWERPOINT will introduce and review treble clef pitches, BASS CLEF PITCHES (NEW!), rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundle, you save 20%!This game is also available for Smart Noteboo$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
- NOW AVAILABLE: 6-Game Music Detective Bundle! Click HERE!This 5-game bundle for both POWERPOINT and SMART Notebook will introduce treble clef pitches with a boomwhacker mystery, review treble clef pitches, bass clef pitches, rhythm values, and orchestra instrument identification. By buying the bundl$20.00$25.00Save $5.00
- This is a BUNDLE of three of my Beethoven-themed games, plus my free "How to Play Ode to Joy on Recorder" video. In this resource, the games are made for PowerPoint. Click HERE for the Smart Notebook version of this bundle! I LOOOOOOVE BEETHOVEN, so I make games like these to inspire my students to$12.00$15.00Save $3.00
- This is a bundle of resources to help with teaching recorder! Included are recorder-specific videos, worksheets and games, plus my Music Detective "Case of the Missing Manuscript" game and "Music Staff Karate" both for learning how to read the treble clef notes on the staff. Several of these resourc$45.00$62.75Save $17.75
- This 6-game bundle for POWERPOINT and SMART NOTEBOOK will assess students' knowledge of different concepts in music.Case 1 - treble clef pitchesCase 2 - instruments of the orchestraCase 3 - rhythmsCase 4 - bass clef pitchesCase 5 - treble clef pitch reading with boomwhackersCase 6 - treble clef pitc$24.00$30.00Save $6.00
“The Case of the Missing Manuscript” helps students review the line and space notes on the treble clef. It is the first of my Music Detective series. This resource includes two files of this game, one for PowerPoint and one for SMART Notebook. In addition, you will also receive a printable "cheat sheet" of the line notes and space notes and a printable worksheet for students to fill out as they enjoy the game.
Students solve clues by deciphering words using treble clef letter names. This game only uses EGBDF and FACE, no notes above or below the staff.
The story for this game keeps the students engrossed in learning. In the game, they meet a music detective who was given a briefcase holding the first draft of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. He discovers a note from Beethoven’s friend telling him to go to a mysterious building. Inside, he discovers a fully decorated house. The detective has to follow clues using his knowledge of treble clef notes to find the key to open the case. The students click on items in the room based on the clues; these items, when selected, link them to the next clue.
This game takes approximately two 30-minute classes if you include a short review of the line and space notes (I included a page each for line notes and space notes), although some teachers have reported finishing it much quicker. This lesson would be most appropriate and enjoyable for exceptional 2nd graders up to 5th or 6th grade.
I hope you enjoy this fun, interactive game!
You may also like:
Connect with Meg’s Music Room!
TpT - Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red “Follow Me” button next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales! Meg's Music Room Store
Blog - Meg's Music Room Blog
Facebook - Meg's Music Room Facebook Page
Copyright © Megan Heikkila. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements in this product are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.