Tree Cookie lab, annual rings, tree rings.
Answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper.
1. Count the number of tree rings to determine the age of the tree.
2. Compare the growth during the first 10 years of life of the tree with its total growth.
First 10 years’ growth compared to total growth = Distance from center up to 10th ring X 100
radius of the tree cookie
3. Compare the spring rings (lighter bands) compare to the summer rings (darker bands) for the same year? Propose a reason for the difference.
4. Explain why annual rings have varying thickness from year to year.
5. Write a creative year-by year story of this tree, including the weather, precipitation, and other events which may have affected this tree.