We all know that vocabulary development is essential for comprehending higher level reading materials. Continue learning and applying new words, synonyms and antonyms with this great holiday game!
This is intended to be a self-monitored, “take to your seat” vocabulary activity. Words included in this game may be unknown to your students. Encourage your students to use a dictionary for any unknown word they come across. I’ve included a blank card sheet for you to add more word sets that may be relevant to your individual studies, as well as an answer key for students to check their own work.
Also included are two cross-word puzzles, one for synonyms and one for antonyms. The words match those in the game. These can be used as another activity or for a vocabulary assessment.
If you like my work, please leave me a positive rating. Let me know if there’s anything that I can do to make this a more profitable purchase for you! Stop by my store frequently as I’m always adding new, fun things for your classroom!
All graphics are used with permission from www.mycutegraphics.com
As always, happy teaching! - Martha Hach
Quick assembly directions:
1. Glue/tape the game Title/Directions Page to the front of a 9x13 sized envelope and the Answer Key on the back
2. Copy the game cards and sorting mat on cardstock and cut out– use the same color for all the cards
3. Laminate the folder (cut open the opening with razor blade), the game cards and the sorting mat.
4. Place game cards in a zippered baggy or smaller envelope.
5. Add game cards and recording sheets to the envelope.